A lot of women spend a lot of money on makeup throughout the year. It's a billion dollar industry, after all. But did you know you don't need as much as you typically purchase? It's true. And even if money is not an issue for you, wouldn't you be interested in knowing the many ways it can be used? I know I would! These tips don't just save money, they're great for travelling too.
The key to saving money, and space in your bathroom or luggage, is multitasking. Multitasking makeup is easy and fun because it forces you to be creative with colour and technique. Here are some suggestions I've come up with:
1. Use creamy formulations in cheek stains and blushes as eye shadows and lip colours. Cream blushes make great eye shadows for summer and nude lip shades all year round.
2. Lip gloss can double as cheek stain and eye shadow, particularly now as face illumination is on trend. Just dab a little on the tips of your fingers and blend in.
3. Lip pencils can double as eyeliners, and vice versa. Just make sure you clean the tip before applying to the eye area.
4. Nude lip pencils can double as eyebrow pencils on blondes. Dark brown lip pencils work well for brunettes and African-Americans.
5. Lip pencils can also double as long-lasting matte lip colours. Just fill in the entire lip and go!
6. Black lipstick is great as an eyeliner after Hallowe'en. Wipe your lipstick with some tissue, then use a lip brush to draw perfect lines along your lashes.
7. Look for mascaras with eyeliners on the other end. These are especially great for travelling. Why pay for both when you can have all-in-one?
8. Dark brown eye shadow in chocolate or espresso is great as an eyeliner, especially for blondes and older women who find black eyeliner too harsh now.
9. Pink and coral eye shadows, both cream and powder, can double as blushes, and vice versa. They look especially nice on blondes and fair-skinned people.
10. Light brown and tan eye shadows make great bronzers. Use creamy formulations if you're older.
These are just a few ways you can double-up your makeup. You can probably come up with more. Get creative!